Before delving into the heart of this guide and actually seeing how to recover google password, I would like to provide you with some preliminary information that you must necessarily know before proceeding with the application of the tutorial.
First of all, I want to tell you that, to recover the Google password, a procedure is started which, in fact, resets it and does not allow it to be recovered (so to try to recover the keyword, you will have to follow alternative procedures).
Another important thing to underline is that, since the Google account is used for multiple services offered by the Mountain View giant, such as YouTube e Google Maps, if this is changed, it will affect all services associated with your account.
Is everything clear so far? Well, then let's proceed and let's find out, together, how to recover and / or reset the Google password.
How to reset Google password
Let's start by going to discover, in detail, how to reset google password using the specific procedure made available by the Mountain View giant and executable both from computers and smartphones and tablets.
To reset your Google password from PC, go to this page, write theemail address or telephone number associated with your account in the appropriate text field and then click on the button NEXT.
At this point, click on the link Forgot password? placed in the center of the page (under the text field in which to enter the access key of your account) e enter the last password you remember in the appropriate text field.
Don't remember any passwords? Then click on the link Try a different method located in the center of the page until you are offered a recovery method that is congenial to you. Among these could be indicate the date the account was created to retrieve, answer a Security Question previously chosen and so on.
In my case, I received a security code at a alternate email address associated with the Google account which I used to run the test. If you are also offered this recovery method, you consent to the sending of the code in question by clicking on the button Send.
Then open the message you received at the recovery email address, write the security code contained in the latter in the text field that appeared on the screen, click on the button NEXT and reset your Google account password by typing it in the text fields Create password e Confirmation. Easy, right?
Smartphones and tablets
To reset your Google password from smartphone or tablet, you have to follow practically the same indications that I have given you a moment ago. To begin with, then go to this Web page, write theemail address or telephone number associated with your account in the appropriate text field and tap the button NEXT.
Now, on the page that opens, tap on the link Forgot password? which is placed in the center of the screen, and enter the last password you remember in the appropriate field. If this recovery method is not congenial to you, because you do not remember any password, tap on the link Try a different method located in the center of the page, until a suitable recovery method is offered to you. Then follow the instructions given to you to recover your account.
In my case, I received a security code at a alternative email address that I had previously associated with the Google account I used to test. If you are also offered this recovery method, tap the button Send, to consent to the sending of the code in question.
Then open the message that was sent to you by Google, write the security code contained within it in the appropriate text field you see on the screen, tap the button NEXT and reset your account password by writing a new one in the fields Create password e Confirmation.
How to recover Google account password
Would you like to avoid resetting your login credentials? Your goal, therefore, is recover your Google account password without changing it? In this case, you can only be able to achieve your purpose if you have saved the credentials in a browser (or in a password manager), otherwise the only solution left to you is to reset. Below you will find all the relevant information.
How to recover Google password from PC
If you want recover Google password from PC, open the browser in which you may have stored your account login credentials and follow the instructions below.
- Chrome - click on the button depicting i three vertical dots at the top right, select the item Settings from the menu that opens and click on the button Password. Then click on theeye located in correspondence with the Google account of your interest and confirm the operation by indicating the name of your user account on the computer and the password associated with it.
- Microsoft Edge - the procedure to follow on Edge (Microsoft's browser that took the place of IE in Windows 10) is just as simple. To see the passwords stored by the program you have to press the button (...) located at the top right and select the items Settings> View Advanced Settings> Password Management from the bar that appears on the side, so as to access the list of passwords saved in the browser.
- Internet Explorer - on Internet Explorer you can view the list of passwords stored in the browser by clicking on thegear located at the top right and selecting the item Internet options from the menu that opens. Then go to the tab Content, pigia sul pulsating Settings related to automatic completion and click on the button Manage password.
- Safari - do you have a Mac and use Safari as your main browser? So, to recover the passwords saved on your computer, you have to go to the menu Safari> Preferences (top left), select the tab Password from the window that opens and provide the Password of your user account on macOS, to access the list of passwords saved in the program. That's all.
- Firefox - to view the passwords stored in Firefox, click on the button (≡) located at the top right, select the icon of options (or of Pref Renze, depending on the operating system you use) and, in the tab that opens, select the item Privacy and security from the left sidebar. Finally, click the button Credentials saved o Saved passwords.
For more information on how to find passwords stored on browsers, you already know what to do: take a look at the guide where I explain in more detail how to do this.
Retrieve the Google password from smartphones and tablets
Below, however, you will find listed the procedures to follow for recover the Google password from smartphones and tablets using some of the most used web browsers on mobile devices.
- Chrome - start the browser, press the button depicting i three dots located at the top right (on Android) or bottom right (on iOS), select the item first Settings and then that Password from the menu that opens, in order to access the list of all saved passwords, including that of your Google account.
- Safari - go to the menu Settings> Passwords and Accounts> App and Website Passwords (on iOS 14 and later you have to go up Settings> Password) and unlocks access to passwords using Face ID, touch ID o code, so as to access the list of all the passwords saved on your device, including that of the Google account.
- Firefox - tap on the symbol of three dots located at the top right (on Android) or on the button (≡) located at the bottom right (on iOS). After that, if you use the browser version for Android, select the items Privacy> Credentials management; if you use iOSinstead, tap on the item Settings and then presses on the voice Logins and passwords to identify the password of your Google account and those of all other sites whose login data you have stored.
If you need further information on how to find the passwords stored on browsers, please read the in-depth analysis that I have just linked to you because it will surely be useful to you.
How to recover passwords from Google
You came to this guide with the aim of recover passwords from google, i.e. see the passwords you have saved online? And what's the problem? Just go to the page where all the passwords saved in the Google password manager are listed and retrieve them from there.
To proceed in this sense, you must first connect to this page and log in to your Google account (if you are unable to access your account because you do not remember the password, follow the instructions I gave you at the beginning of the guide to recover your password. by Google).
Once logged in, locate the Service Name or app name whose password you want to recover (if you want, you can search for the service or app you are interested in using the search bar at the top) and click on it. If you are asked to do so, then, provide the again Password of your Google account in the appropriate text field and click on the button NEXT. To find out the password of the service or app you have chosen, all you have to do is click on theeye located on the right and this will be shown to you.
How to recover passwords from Google Chrome
Like many other users, you too use Google Chrome as the main browser and would you like to see the passwords you have saved in it (which then, if you have activated the synchronization with Google, are the same ones you have saved in your account)? Well, then let me explain how to recover Google Chrome password using a specific function that I have already told you about in the previous lines.
If you prefer to work from the desktop version of Chrome, start the famous Google home browser on yours PC, click on the button depicting i three vertical dots located at the top right and select the items Settings> Password give the menu check if you press.
At this point, all you have to do is click on theeye, located at the site whose login information you want to see and, if asked to do so, provide the name of your user account on the computer and its password.
If you want more detailed information on how to see the passwords saved on Chrome, please consult the guide I linked to you.
Smartphones and tablets
If you prefer to act from the mobile version of Chrome, then give smartphones and tablets, after starting the browser on your device, press the button depicting i three dots located at the top right (on Android) or bottom right (on iOS).
Then select the item Settings give the menu che si apre e fai tap sulla voce Password: by doing so, you will be able to view the passwords of all the sites for which you have decided to save the login information on Chrome. Easier than that?
Do you want more information on how to see the passwords saved on Chrome? Well, then I suggest you read the in-depth study I have dedicated to the topic.How to recover Google password