How to recover Gmail password without changing it
Let's see first how to recover gmail password without changing it. If you have stored your account password in the browser or on your mobile device, you may be able to retrieve it without changing it through the emergency procedure made available by Google. Here are all the details.
Come recover password Gmail su PC
All major browsers for surfing the Internet now include one function for storing passwords used to access various types of websites, social networks and online services. As you may already know, I tend to advise against its use, as, although technically secure (the information is stored encrypted and synchronized online in a secure manner) these systems are quite simple to "attack" in case of physical access to the user's machine. I recommend using a good external password manager instead.
That said, if in the past, by accessing Gmail or any Google service, you had used the function of saving passwords in the browser, you may be able to recover your credentials quite easily. How? Follow the instructions below, where it is illustrated how to recover gmail password on pc from all major online browsing programs, and you will find out.
- Google Chrome - click on the icon (⋮) at the top right, click on the item Settings, select the scheda You and Google (if necessary) and click on the entry Password. Then search "Google" o "Gmail" in search bar located at the top and, if the password of your Gmail account is actually saved, click onicona dell'occhio and type the Password or PIN computer, to see it.
- Microsoft Edge - click on the icon (...) at the top right, select the item Settings in the opened menu and click on the tab profiles. Now, select the wording Password, search for "Google" o "Gmail" in search bar and, if the result of your interest is present, click on theeye and provide the Password or PIN of the computer in use to see the information in clear text.
- Mozilla Firefox - click on the symbol (≡) at the top right, select the item Credentials and passwords from the opened menu, search "Google" o "Gmail" in search bar located at the top and see the possible result that was found, placed in the sidebar. Next, click on theeye, in order to view the Gmail password.
- Safari - open the menu Safari (top left), select the item Pref Renze from the latter and go to the tab Password. Next, write the Password of your user account on macOS, come on Submit on the keyboard and search "Google" o "Gmail" in search bar located at the top right of the box. Once this is done, all you have to do is click on the result of your interest to view your account password (if available).
How to recover Gmail passwords from mobile
You would like to try to recover Gmail passwords from mobile? Well, then you can try to rely on the password storage services included in the Android and iOS browsers, which, just like those for PCs, allow you to store the passwords of the sites you access. Here is in detail how to proceed.
- Your Android - the procedure can only be carried out if the device is still logged in to the Google account. Then open the app Settings, presses on the wording Google (it should be at the bottom of the screen), click on the button Manage your Google account and tap on the tab Safety. Now, tap on the wording Password manager (after all) Arrived at this point, you just have to search "Google" o "Gmail" in search bar and, if available, tap the corresponding result. Finally, type the PIN unlock the device or scan theFingerprint or face (based on the device in your possession and the security system activated) and tap onicona dell'occhio, so as to see the stored password in clear text.
- Your iOS / iPadOS - open the app Settings, select the voice Password, authenticated via Face ID, touch ID o Password Apple ID and search "Google" o "Gmail" in search bar placed at the top. Finally, press on the appropriate search result and that's it.
How to recover forgotten Gmail password
If you have read this far in the guide, you obviously want to know how to recover gmail password even at the cost of changing it, as you are no longer able to access your account and you have not been able to fix the situation following the instructions I gave you previously, right? So here's how you can reset your account password through the emergency procedures made available by Google itself.
How to recover forgotten Gmail password on PC
recover forgotten Gmail password on PC, the first move you need to make is to connect to the Gmail login page; then click on the button Go to your Account, type the Gmail address whose password you forgot in the text field Email address or telephone number and press pulsating NEXT.
Now, since you can't remember your password, click on the word Forgot password?, so as to view one of the recovery options among those available. If you have associated your Gmail address with a device in your possession, a notification will be sent to that device: if you reply Yes on the device in question, you will already have your account back and you can enter a new access key in the text fields Create password e Confirmation and then click on the button Save password to save her.
If the recovery method just mentioned is not available in your case, try what you are suggested to do. In some cases, for example, a SMS to the mobile number linked to the Google account, which contains a verification code through which it is possible to identify and regain possession of the profile.
recover Gmail password without phone number, click on the item instead Try a different method and see which solution, among those available, is more congenial to you (for example the inclusion of one of the last passwords you remember or the answer to one Security Question).
Ultimately, if none of the available methods allow you to regain possession of the account, you will be asked to provide a alternative email address, through which you will be contacted by Google to receive information on what to do.
How to recover forgotten Gmail password from mobile
Do you want to know how to recover forgotten Gmail password from mobile? Well, the procedure to follow is pretty much the same as I showed you in the previous chapter.
Again, first go to this page, press the button Go to your Google Account and, after writing the address you want to retrieve (in the text field Email address or telephone number), press the button NEXT.
Once this is done, click on the link Forgot password?, so that you can see the recovery options available in your case. There are several: sending a code means SMS or by email to a linked mobile number or alternate email address; recovery by inserting one of the last passwords you remember and / or the response to some security questions; recovery by notification sent to a device connected to the account, etc.
If a method of recovery is not congenial to you, click on the wording Try another one, until you are offered an alternative that suits you. Once you have identified your identity by following the instructions given to you based on the method chosen, fill in the text fields Create password e Confirmation and then click on the button Save password.
If none of the proposed methods allow you to recover your account, you will be asked to provide a alternative email address through which you will receive specific instructions from Google on what to do.How to recover Gmail password